2007-01-01

Newspaper Monitoring Policy

Today I am adopting the policy of regularly monitoring the editorial section of my local newspaper, The Florida Times-Union, and commenting on each item regarding religion and irreligion appearing on its pages. Jacksonville is considered part of the American Bible Belt and the views presented in the only major newspaper in the area reflect this. While the editorial staff at the newspaper seem just as conservative and religious as the general populace, they usually present their opinions with greater precision and tact, so the letters to the editor will often receive more of my attention.

One does not have to be a subscriber or even register at their website to read the articles, so I will be able to link to them directly. Unfortunately today's edition contained nothing of interest. I expect, however, to publish my first comment of this series very soon.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: